Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wow! We Had Wonderful Weather Today!

After a day setting up insect traps in orchards 2 hours drive away in this wonderful weather, I think I got a bit of a sunburn.  Not too bad, but I should have reapplied my sunscreen more often.  My skin is so pale after that long winter.  Enough about my skin, you are here to read about the garden.  After work today we went and watered because they have still not turned on the automatic sprinkler system. One or two people still have not planted anything in their plots, so I think they are trying to give them a chance before they turn them on.  The onion starts look better after a day of nice weather and some water.  Our soil is sandy, but still the water puddles up very quickly when the sprinkler is turned on.  I hope we are watering deeply enough.

No new pictures of the garden today.  There is nothing to see except the onion starts and shoe prints and stakes in the soil.  We are still trying to be patient.  It is so hard waiting for those little seeds to sprout.  We still don't feel that the tomatoes and peppers are safe out there yet.  Soon, maybe.

2 comments:

  1. The cinnamon basil that I started here is UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Isn't it cute? Maybe we can post some pictures? I am excited about them.

    ReplyDelete