Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Peas Are Up!

Yay!  I forgot to take pictures, but the peas against the fence in the back (see garden map in first post) are sprouting.  Almost all of them are poking there little leaves out.  I went and watered today.  The weather was beautiful and warm.  I think they will turn on the automatic sprinklers soon.  Everyone's gardens look like they have planted at least something in them.  I also thinned the spinach and radishes.  The lettuce is just too small to thin yet, although it will really need some thinning as soon as it can be done.  Well that is all for now.  I still haven't gotten potting mix to fill the last two pots on the porch.  I think I will have to do that this weekend.  Things are getting hectic and very busy around here.  I have to go clean my house.  We are having visitors this weekend.

P.S. I am learning to roller skate.  Today was my third day.  I am starting to get the hang of it.  My lower legs are really tired, though.

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait to see the baby peas! So exciting. Three of my cucumbers that were up got too shocked from going outside, so I replanted them. but I think I might just BUY some if I can find some good big bush cuke starts.

    ReplyDelete