Monday, June 13, 2011

Who Knew? My cat is really a cow on the inside.

I have now lost quite a few plants to my cat, Cooper.  I am about to change his name to Ferdinand, because he eats more plants than any cow I have met.  Okay that is an exaggeration, which I am prone to, if you didn't know. 


Here he is, looking at me with that, "What are you looking at" face.  When I put him down out of the pot I found that my corn plant is completely gone and every other plant in the pot has been at least chewed on.  I don't know what to do.  I let him out on the porch when I go out there, but even if I just go inside to fill up the watering containers he jumps right up into the nearest pot and starts chomping.  I think he has set my pepper harvest back quite a a bit.  One of my pepper plants that I planted at the community garden was chewed on badly enough before I planted it down there that I don't think it will ever fully recover.  I am thinking about replacing it.  I will just have to keep Cooper of the porch.  He will not like that.  He will complain very loudly I am sure, but I have tried everything to discourage him from eating my plants. He also has pretty severe food allergies and is on a restricted diet, so eating random plants in the garden is probably not good for him.  I suspect that he is allergic to corn, and possibly other things as well.

I will have an update about the community garden again as soon as I can get some new pictures.  It is looking really good. Th garden at the in-laws is doing great, as well.

1 comment:

  1. Can you sprinkle black pepper on the plants? Would that hurt them? I've done that on my plants (back when I actually had some), and it kept my Kooper from grazing.

    ReplyDelete