Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Husband Gave Me a Camera for My Birthday Yesterday, Woo Hoo!

I had to go right out and try it today for taking pictures of the garden.  The light was all coming from the back of the garden as it is most of the time when I go.  I usually can't make it to the garden until after work.  One of these days I should try to take pictures in the morning.  Despite the lighting challenges, the pictures turned out pretty good.  The only concern I have is with files size we will see how this goes.  The new camera is 16 mega pixels.

Okay, so Blogger automatically adjusts the picture and file size. You don't get to see the crisp image that I took, but it makes things simple for posting.  This is what the plot looks like now.  The onions are all gone, the radishes, carrots, spinach, and lettuce are all long gone with a few exceptions.  The cucumbers are filling in the empty spaces and, as you can see, the tomatoes are getting out of control.  I swear that I have trimmed them back ruthlessly several times, but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the size of the plant.  It has made them set fewer new fruit, Which is probably good because those fruit would all be out on the long branches and break them over or tip the plant over. The neighbor on the right is letting the tomatillos grow wild and they are reaching over the fence.  They are hiding my few carrots from prying eyes, though.

The marigolds in the front are really looking great.  The other yellow ones are still looking wimpy.

Here is an up close picture.  Sure beats the iPhone picture, doesn't it?

This post is really just a test to see how the pictures look, but I did take many more pictures, which I hope to post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment